In my kitchen I use lemons a lot . I buy them exclusively organic because I often use the grated rind on pasta , creams , yogurt , for chicken …
I was looking for an idea for a delicious breakfast and I thought of lemon curd , that delicious but very rich English lemon cream . I made some lemon curd tartlets complemented by blueberries .
Note: if you have some cream left over, kept in the refrigerator, tightly closed in a jar, it will last about a week. Enjoy your breakfast!
For the lemon curd
- 2 organic lemons
- 150 g sugar
- 60 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- shortcrust pastry or shortcrust pastry (1 roll)
- 1 basket blueberries
- powdered sugar (to liking)
- For the cream: grate the zest of the lemons and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Also add the cornstarch, sifting it, and the zest of the lemons. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter with the lemon juice (filtered with a strainer) and pour it over the eggs, mixing well.
- Cook stirring constantly until the cream begins to thicken, but never bring it to a boil.
- You will notice that the cream is ready when all the foam on the surface disappears, giving way to a shiny and fairly dense compound.
- Pass the cream through a colander to remove the grated lemon zest (but it can also be avoided). Let it cool and place in the refrigerator for two or three hours, covering the surface with cling film.
- Remove the shortcrust pastry from the refrigerator, spread it out on a pastry board and make small circles with the help of a pastry bowl or a glass.
- Line tart moulds covered with parchment paper or well greased. Cover the dough with a circle of parchment paper and add some dried beans to the tartlets.
- Turn on the oven at 200 ° C, static. As soon as the oven reaches the temperature, bake the tarts for 10/15 minutes, then lower to 180 ° C for another 10 minutes, checking that the edges become well coloured.
- Remove the tartlets from the oven and when they have cooled fill them with the lemon curd, complete with the blueberries and a sprinkling of icing sugar.