We all know about the famous ‘fette al latte’ that we find in shops. They aren’t cheap, but definitely taste good and children love them! So why not try to make them at home? Making homemade snacks for children will allow you to provide them with food made with selected ingredients and without preservatives and, at the same time, save money.
These one of the snacks that our children cannot really give up. Am I right? I used to love them myself ad still do! They are nourishing thanks to the presence of milk, and preparing them at home is not at all difficult. It is an excellent opportunity to involve even the little ones in the preparation and explain to them the importance of healthy eating.
So let’s see, step by step, how to prepare them at home :
INGREDIENTS (Biscuit dough)
- 40 gr of flour
- 85 gr of sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 15 gr of honey
- 30 gr of cocoa powder bitter
- The seeds of a half vanilla bean (or vanilla essence)
- 180 g of condensed milk
- 350 ml of fresh liquid cream
- 8 gr of fish glue
- The seeds of a vanilla bean (or vanilla essence)
- A spoonful of honey
- Let’s start with the preparation of the cream: soak the fish glue in a bowl with cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, pour the condensed milk, add the extract or seeds of a vanilla bean and the honey spoon and mix it all together.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze the gelatine, add 50 ml of heated cream and stir until completely melted.
- Add the condensed milk and continue to mix for another 5 minutes. Whip the cream left aside and then add it to the mixture making sure that the ingredients are well blended.
- Store the cream obtained in the refrigerator for at least an hour and in the meantime prepare the cocoa biscuit dough.
PREPARATION (Biscuit dough)
- Pour the egg yolks in the mixer bowl, add the sugar except 50 grams, a tablespoon of water, the seeds of the vanilla bean and honey and begin to work the ingredients. Whip the egg whites separately and then add the 50 grams of sugar that you kept aside.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture obtained with the mixer and mix everything with the whisk, from top to bottom.
- Finally, add the flour and cocoa to the mixture.
- Spread everything on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, level the mixture and bake at 220 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- As soon as the dough is cooked, turn it over on a sheet of transparent film and cover it on both sides with the film so as to cool it. Then divide the dough into two rectangles and fill a half with the previously prepared cream.
- Cover with the other half, wrap the whole with the cling film and keep in the refrigerator for at least an hour. After this time, with the help of a knife, make rectangular slices so as to create the classic shape of the snacks.
- Keep the homemade milk slices for 2-3 days maximum or alternatively freeze them.