If you’re looking for a super tasty and low-maintenance side dish to go alongside any main meal you’re serving up to family and friends then you can’t beat this mouth-watering potato galette.
With three super accessible ingredients that you most likely already have lying around in your kitchen and just 20 minutes of preparation time, this dish is made for those of us who don’t enjoy making a big fuss in the kitchen. Pair it up with a nice piece of steak or some steamed veggies and enjoy!
- 60g butter, melted
- 1kg desiree potatoes, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush a 20cm (base) round springform pan with butter. Place pan on baking tray.
- Line potato slices over base of pan, overlapping slightly. Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper. Repeat layers 4 times to make a total 5 layers.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and potatoes are tender when tested with a skewer.
- Let cool for for 5 minutes. Release pan and slide galette onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges. Serve.