Here is a tasty way to offer tuna in oil. The tuna balls are easy, they are quick to make, with ingredients that are often already at home.
Perfect for both lunch or dinner, they always have a great success. Kids at home can help you out with this one! What are you waiting for?
- 200 g of tuna in oil (drained weight)
- 40 g of pancarré
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of capers in salt
- 20 g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs (plus the breading one for breadcrumbs) )
- chopped parsley
- peanut oil for frying
HOW TO PREPARE
1. To prepare the tuna balls, first dip the bread into the milk. Squeeze very well with your hands and transfer the bread into a bowl together with the drained tuna, the desalted and chopped capers, the egg, the parmesan, breadcrumbs and parsley.
2. Knead with your hands until you get a homogeneous mixture that you should not need to salt (but check). Leave it to stand for 15 minutes at room temperature. With lightly moistened hands, make small balls of the desired size and pass them one by one into the breadcrumbs.
3. Fry them in plenty of hot oil until they are golden brown. Check the right temperature of the oil by dipping a piece of bread: if it goes to the bottom and comes back to the surface covered with many bubbles, that is frying, then you can proceed.
4. Drain the tuna balls with a slotted spoon and quickly pass them on kitchen paper to dry them out of the excess. Then transfer them to a serving dish and serve them.