Tuna salad is one of the easiest recipes to whip together. It involves very few ingredients and even fewer steps. BUT, this is not your mama’s tuna salad. The ingredients in this dish really pack a punch! I’ve selected each very carefully in order to deliver the most bangin’ flavor combo imaginable!
Aside from being so easy, one of the other great things about tuna salad is its versatility – serve it on top of a bed of lettuce, put it in a wrap, turn it into a mouth watering club sandwich, or stir it into some macaroni. You can do so much with this simple Tuna Salad once you know how to make it!
The big difference between this tuna salad and most others you’ll come across is the swap of mayo for avocado. Aside from that, you won’t find any surprise ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Canned tuna
- English cucumber
- red onion
- chopped parsley or cilantro
- olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO TUNA SALAD
- Prep: Place the prepped tuna into a large salad bowl. Add in the diced avocado, cucumber slices, sliced onions, and parsley or cilantro, then set it aside.
- Mix: In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk it until it is combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. I almost always add more lemon and salt.
- Combine: Add the salad dressing to the salad, then toss to combine.
- Serve: Top it with a little fresh ground pepper and enjoy!