This vegan cake is made with only vegetable ingredients and the spice mix that characterises it gives it a special touch.
Whilst cooking you will appreciate the aromas of cinnamon and cardamom, vanilla and cloves that characterise it. A scenographic and unique cake, perfect to celebrate an important occasion!
• 400 g of 00 flour
• 1/2 sachet of baking powder
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
• 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon
• 4 cloves powdered
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 400 ml of vegetable milk
• 2 tablespoons of apple vinegar
• 200 g of fine brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup of spiced chai tea
• 1 tablespoon of liquid vanilla flavoring
• 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring
• 450 g of vegetable butter or margarine at room temperature
• 400 g of icing sugar
• vegetable milk to taste
• the seeds of a vanilla pod
HOW TO PREPARE
- Pour together milk and apple vinegar in a bowl; leave them aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In a separate container, combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, mixing together.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar with the oil, tea and the aromas of vanilla and almond. To this, gradually add the milk mixture and the flour mix with herbs and yeast by spoonfuls, continuing to stir to remove all the lumps. If necessary, help yourself with an electric mixer.
- Prepare two equal 23 cm molds. about lining them with parchment paper. Pour the mixture dividing it into equal parts in the two cake tins and bake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 30 minutes, checking the cooking with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Remove from the molds, remove the baking paper and let it cool on a wire rack.
- With a whisk, make the butter creamy, then add the sugar and the vanilla and continue to beat until the mixture is soft. If necessary, add a few drops of vegetable milk.
- Take back the two cakes, place one on baking paper and spread a few tablespoons of icing on the surface, cover with the second cake.
- Cover the entire surface of the cake with a very thin layer of icing. Let the cake rest in the fridge for at least half an hour, take the cake and make another layer of frosting (which you have kept at room temperature) trying to perfect the coating.
- Let it rest in the fridge again. It is possible, if desired, to make 3 layers with the same procedure, decorating the final layer as desired.