Who said vegan is boring?> Here is one recipe that definitely is anything but boring! We dare you to try it out whether you’re vegan, vegetarian or none of the two!
• 1 teaspoon of vegan yeast
• 42 cl of coconut milk
• 50 ml of corn oil
• 1 vanilla pod
• 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar
• 400 ml of passion fruit juice
• 1 mango
• 1 papaya
• 40 g icing sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
HOW TO PREPARE
- Mix the self-raising flour sifted with baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Warm 200ml of coconut milk and mix it with the oil, vinegar and seeds contained in the vanilla pod.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ones and mix with a spatula to avoid lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a square mold of 20 cm on each side, lined with baking paper, and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 30 minutes. Let it cool and cut it into slices of about one centimeter.
- Whip the solid part of the remaining coconut milk with the icing sugar, with the help of a couple of electric whips, until a frothy mixture is obtained.
- Place the sponge cake slices in a baking dish and sprinkle them with passion fruit juice.
- Cover them with the fruit and cut into thin slices and with some of the coconut cream and continue until the ingredients are finished.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 4 hours and serve.