Rich in properties important for our health and easy to prepare, the vegetable meatloaf is the ideal dish for a light, healthy, nutritious and tasty lunch or dinner. Not to mention that it is a great ploy to convince children to eat vegetables!
Serve it with a side dish of potatoes, you will see that they won’t be able to say no. A valid alternative to meatloaf and a dish that will allow you not to waste stale bread and vegetables and advanced cheeses in the fridge.
To prepare this meatloaf you can use any type of vegetable: let’s see how to proceed together.
- 300 gr of potatoes
- 1 leek
- 100 gr of spinach
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 gr of stale wholemeal bread
- 200 gr cheese (Emmental type)
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 80 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of nutmeg
- half a glass of white wine
- Salt and pepper (as required)
- Extra virgin olive oil (as required)
HOW TO PREPARE
- Cut the leek into slices and fry in a pan with the garlic, finely chopped onion and two tablespoons of oil.
- Boil the potatoes and spinach and, once ready, pour them into the pan in which you browned the leek with the garlic and onion.
- Put the bread to soak in milk for a few minutes.
- Pour the boiled vegetables into the mixer or blender, add the well-wrung bread, eggs, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper .
- Finally, add the cheese cut into chunks and make sure that all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the mixture onto a surface covered with parchment paper sprinkled with breadcrumbs and give the mixture the shape of a meatloaf. You can help by covering a plumcake mold with parchment paper and pouring the mixture into it to compact it.
- Pour two tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan and fry the meatloaf.
- As soon as you notice that a crispy crust has formed, let the wine evaporate.
- Cover the meatloaf with water, cover with the lid and cook over low heat for about an hour.