Enjoy this as a side dish. It also makes a delicious breakfast if you add organic chicken sausage (one 10 oz. package).
- 4 to 5 cups loosely packed spinach or spring mix salad blend
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (separated)
- 1 garlic clove, minced 3 tbsp olive oil Sea salt to taste ¼ cup onion, chopped 4 apples, sliced ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- (optional: ½ cup crumbled goat cheese)
- Wash the greens and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic into the lemon juice. Stir in the sea salt and lemon zest. Whisk in the olive oil until it’s emulsified into a vinaigrette.
- Pour half the dressing over the spinach and toss well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add in the onion, cooking until translucent and slightly caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the apples, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Toss in the pumpkin seeds to warm.
- Add the onion-apple-pumpkin seed mixture to the spinach. Add the rest of the vinaigrette and more salt if desired. If using, sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese over the top. Serve and enjoy!