Soft, very fragrant and really delicious, the yoghurt cake is perfect to start the day in the right way, with a nutritious and healthy breakfast. An excellent idea also for a children’s for school instead of the packaged snacks. Also, a dessert in perfect “do not waste” style: in addition to the classic version, we also propose the one that allows you to recover the egg whites leftover from other preparations.
To prepare the recipe in the classic version of the yoghurt cake, the use of the food scales is not required: to calculate the quantities of the different ingredients you simply need to use the yoghurt pot.
Let’s start with the classic version of the yoghurt cake recipe:
- 1 jar of natural whole yoghurt
- 3 jars of 00 flour
- 2 jars of sugar
- 1 jar of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ sachet of baking powder for cakes
- Icing sugar
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl and then wash the jar in order to use it to dose the ingredients.
- Add the sugar and oil to the yoghurt, add the eggs and mix the mixture using an electric mixer. Also incorporate the flour and baking powder.
- Mix the ingredients well and then pour the mixture into a previously greased and floured baking pan.
- Cook in a hot oven at 180 for at least 50 minutes.
- Cool the yoghurt cake and then decorate with icing sugar.
And now here is the variation of the yoghurt cake recipe that allows you to recover and not waste the egg whites from other preparations:
- 400 gr flour
- 125 ml of water
- 150 grams of egg whites (about 4)
- A pinch of salt
- 150 gr of seed oil
- 200 gr sugar
- 1 jar of yoghurt (white or vanilla, even vegetable)
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- In the mixer or food processor, powder the sugar (alternatively, use icing sugar), gradually pour the sugar into the egg whites without removing them.
- Put the flour, baking powder, yoghurt, water and oil in a bowl and mix so that the various ingredients are well blended.
- Add the egg whites gently until stiff, to prevent them from deflating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour the mixture and cook at 180 ° for about 45 minutes.
- Once the time required for cooking has elapsed, let the cake cool and then sprinkle with icing sugar.